Currently enrolled Duke undergraduate students incorporate Summer Session in their academic planning for a wide variety of reasons:
- to make room for a study abroad program or enrollment at the Duke Marine Lab during the fall or spring semesters;
- to focus upon a ‘year’ of chemistry or physics or a semester of biology;
- to incorporate a second major or a minor or a certificate program into their graduation plans;
- to take advantage of reduced tuition rates;
- to study a special topic they can't fit into their schedules during the regular academic year; or
- just to get ahead.
Pre-registration opens on Monday, February 20, and continues through the third day of drop/add each summer term.
No application is required for currently enrolled students who make themselves eligible to enroll for one or two summer terms and register using DukeHub, the Automated Computer Enrollment System.