|Non-Refundable Deposit – Due within two weeks of admission||$500|
|Remaining Balance – Due on or before April 16, 2018||$1,750|
|Total Program Fee||$2,250|
What does the program fee cover?
- Course Fee
- Program-Sponsored Activities
- Linen Pack Rental
- Ground Transportation to and from Raleigh-Durham International Airport
Cancellations and Refunds
All cancellation requests must be made in writing. The cancellation and refund policy of the 2018 Intensive STEM Academy is as follows:
- Before May 9: refund of 100% of the program fee, less the $500 deposit which is forfeited.
- May 9 - May 23: refund of 75% of the program fee, less the $500 deposit fee which is forfeited.
- May 24 - June 6: refund of 50% of the program fee, less the $500 deposit fee which is forfeited.
- Beginning June 7 and thereafter: No refund.
The deposit is deducted from the refund amount after calculating the refund percentage of the program fee. ALL cancellations involve the forfeit of the $500 deposit fee.
If a medical condition necessitates the participant’s withdrawal from the program between May 2 and July 7, 2018, the program will refund the paid balance minus the $500 deposit fee. The medical condition must be documented by a physician as one that prevents participation in the program.
If a medical condition necessitates the participant’s withdrawal from the program while in session, the program will refund housing and dining costs on a pro-rated basis. There will be no refund for course fees or the $500 deposit.
If a participant is dismissed from the program for failure to comply with the stated and published policy, the parent/guardian is responsible for all expenses, including but not limited to airfare and change fees, hotels, and meals. In the case of a dismissal, no refunds will be issued.
The Intensive STEM Academy and Duke Summer Session reserve the right to cancel the class if the minimum enrollment is not met or for any reason beyond the control of Duke Summer Session.