If you have been accepted into Duke Summer College, you must submit the following items before attending our program. It is critical that we receive these materials on or before the deadlines listed below. Failure to submit these in a timely manner may prevent you from attending Summer College.
Due within two weeks of acceptance:
- $500 Non-Refundable Deposit
- Social Security Number (US Applicants Only) – Submit this by calling (919) 684-3148 between the hours of 8 am and 5 pm, Monday through Friday. Do not send us your Social Security Number via email.
Due on or before April 16, 2018:
- Remaining Program Fee Balance
Due on or before May 15, 2018:
- Medical Form
- Signed Participant Agreement
- Proof of US-Based Medical Insurance (see note below)
- Physician-Signed TB Test Results (International Applicants Only)
Due by June 16, 2018:
All Summer College students are required to have health insurance that is written by a U.S.-based company. Short-term health insurance is offered by many U.S. companies such as USI Affinity Travel Services (www.travelinsure.com) and is needed to pay for any medical attention you may need. While travel insurance may assist you with travel costs in the event of an emergency, it will not satisfy Duke Summer College’s medical insurance requirement, as many policies do not cover medical bills. Prior to attending Summer College, you will be required to submit proof of U.S.-based health insurance. Please note that Summer College students are not permitted to use Duke Student Health Services, including the Duke’s Counseling and Psychological Services.