If you have been accepted into Duke Summer College, you must submit the following items before attending our program. It is critical that we receive these materials on or before the deadlines listed below. Failure to submit these in a timely manner may prevent you from attending Summer College.
Due within Two Weeks of Acceptance:
- $500 Non-Refundable Deposit
- Social Security Number (US Applicants Only) – Submit this by calling +1(919) 684-8277 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday. Do not send us your Social Security Number via email.
Due on or before April 15, 2019:
- Remaining Program Fee Balance
Due on or before May 14, 2019:
The following items will be submitted via CampDoc.com. Once your deposit has been processed, you will receive an email with information about how to access your CampDoc.com profile. You will need to complete and/or submit the following documents:
- Medical Form
- Signed Participation Agreement
- Proof of US-Based Medical Insurance (see note below)
- Recreation Center Waiver (if opting to use these facilities)
- Photo for Duke ID
- Physician-Signed TB Test Results (International Applicants Only)
Due One Month before Arrival:
- Arrival Information
All participants are required to have health insurance that is written by a U.S.-based company. Short-term health insurance is offered by many U.S. companies such as CampDoc and is needed to pay for any medical attention participants may need. You can purchase coverage directly through your CampDoc account by clicking on the "Protection Plan" link after signing in.
While travel insurance may assist participants with travel costs in the event of an emergency, it will not satisfy Duke Summer Session’s medical insurance requirement, as many policies do not cover medical bills. Participants will be required to submit proof of U.S.-based health insurance prior to their arrival to campus.
Another option is USI Affinity Travel Services (www.travelinsure.com).