To apply, click the green “apply” button on the Summer College home page. You will be prompted to create an online account and to fill out a multi-page questionnaire. You can start applying, save your work, logout, login again, and continue working before submitting the application. You will be prompted to pay your application fee by credit card online. If you a member of a group, we request that you use the paper application form.
Required Supplementary Documents
In addition to your application, you will need to submit the following items in order for your application to be complete. We will only review your application when we have received all of the required documents listed below.
- An essay stating why you are uniquely qualified for this program and interested in the courses for which you are applying.
- A résumé highlighting your academic and non-academic experiences.
- High school transcript (an unofficial transcript is acceptable).
- Teacher recommendation form (teacher recommendations must be accompanied by our teacher recommendation form) upon completion, teachers may email the teacher recommendation form directly to Duke Summer Session at email@example.com
- Language proficiency scores (if English is not your first language).
- PSAT, SAT, or ACT test scores (optional).
Submitting Application Materials
You will have the opportunity to submit your supplementary documents directly into your online application. Alternatively, you may choose to submit your application and pay your application fee prior to submitting your supplementary materials. If you choose this option (turning in your supplementary materials after you submit your application form), you can email your application materials to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail them to us at the mailing address below.
Duke University Summer College
8 East Campus Union Drive
Durham, NC 27708-0700