To apply, click the green “apply” button on the Summer College home page starting on December 3, 2018. You will be prompted to create an online account and to fill out a multi-page questionnaire. You can start applying, save your work, log out, log in again, and continue working before submitting the application. You will be prompted to pay your application fee by credit card online. Once you have submitted your application you will not be able to access it to make changes or upload supplementary documents. Email any changes or documents to email@example.com. If you a member of a group, we request that you use the paper application form.
Choosing Your Course
The courses on this list are appropriate for first-semester college students. If a course has a prerequisite, it will be mentioned as part of the course description. Questions about specific courses may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
On your application, you will be required to list your top four course choices. We will do our best to put you in your first course choice. In your acceptance letter, you will be notified of the two courses that you have been approved for. You will be notified of the course you are enrolled in when you arrive to campus.
Required Supplementary Documents
In addition to your application, you will need to submit the following items in order for your application to be complete. The documents should be submitted in .doc/.docx or .pdf format. We will only review your application when we have received all of the required documents listed below.
- An essay stating why you are uniquely qualified for this program and interested in the courses for which you are applying.
- A résumé highlighting your academic and non-academic experiences.
- High school transcript (an unofficial transcript is acceptable).
- Teacher Recommendation Form - Letters of recommendation must be accompanied by our teacher recommendation form. Teachers may email the teacher recommendation form directly to Duke Summer Session at email@example.com.
- Language proficiency scores (if English is not your first language).
- PSAT, SAT, or ACT test scores (optional).
Submitting Application Materials
You will have the opportunity to submit your supplementary documents directly into your online application. Alternatively, you may choose to submit your application and pay your application fee prior to submitting your supplementary materials. If you choose this option (turning in your supplementary materials after you submit your application form), you can email your application materials to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail them to us at the mailing address below. Once you have submitted your application online and paid your application fee, you will not be able to access your online application.
Duke University Summer College
8 East Campus Union Drive
Durham, NC 27708-0700