Non-Refundable Deposit – Due within two weeks of admission
Remaining Balance – Due on April 15, 2020
Total Program Fee
What does the program fee cover?
- Duke Transcript Fee
- Dining (on campus meal swipes)
- Program-Sponsored Activities
- Linen Pack Rental (must be returned at the end of the program)
- Ground Transportation to and from Raleigh-Durham International Airport
Cancellations and Refunds
All cancellation requests must be made in writing. The cancellation and refund policy of the 2020 Summer College for High School Students program is as follows:
- Before May 8, 2020: refund of 100% of the program fee, less the $500 deposit which is forfeited.
- May 8 - May 22, 2020: refund of 75% of the program fee, less the $500 deposit fee which is forfeited.
- May 23 - June 5, 2020: refund of 50% of the program fee, less the $500 deposit fee which is forfeited.
- Beginning June 6, 2020 and thereafter: No refund.
The deposit is taken from the refund amount after calculating the refund percentage of the program fee. ALL cancellations involve the forfeit of the $500 deposit fee.
If a medical condition necessitates the participant’s withdrawal from the program between May 8 and July 6, 2020, the program will refund the paid balance minus the $500 deposit fee. The medical condition must be documented by a physician as one that prevents participation in the program.
If a medical condition necessitates the participant’s withdrawal from the program while in session, the program will refund housing and dining costs on a pro-rated basis. There will be no refund for course tuition, fees, or the $500 deposit.
If a participant is dismissed from the program for failure to comply with the stated and published policy, the parent/guardian is responsible for all expenses, including but not limited to airfare and change fees, hotels, and meals. In the case of a dismissal, no refunds will be issued.
Duke Summer College for High School Students and Duke Summer Session reserve the right to cancel any class if the minimum enrollment is not met or for any reason beyond the control of Duke Summer Session.