In order to fully participate in Duke Summer Session Online, you will need:
- access to an email account for essential communications for your course.
- speakers or headphones to hear instructors during live meetings, and a microphone to participate—a webcam is required.
These technical requirements apply to all Duke Summer Session Online courses for high school students.
- Computer running one of the following operating systems:
- Window 7 or newer
- Mac OSX 10.10 or newer
- Access only to a mobile device will not be suitable for fully participating in Duke Summer Session Online.
- 1 GB RAM available
- 2 GHz or faster processor
- Consistently reliable internet with at least 2k kbps available bandwidth
- Chrome browser, latest two versions, with cookies enabled
- Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Flash Player (version 11.2 or higher)—both are free to download
- Reliable access to Google and the Google domain.
If you encounter difficulties with accessing you course, live meetings, online resources, or other technical materials, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are having difficulty with hardware or with software unrelated to Duke Summer Session Online, you will need to seek technical assistance from the computer or software manufacturer.