Tuition for 2020
1. Tuition for undergraduates and visiting students.
- $2,500 for one course credit regular or non-science lab course;
- $3,200 for a science course with a lab* (Biology 202L, Chemistry 101DL, Chemistry 201DL, Chemistry 202DL, COMPSCI 250, Physics 141L, and Physics 142L; also some Engineering courses with labs);
- $1,250 for each half-course;
- $625 for each quarter-course;
*Charges for laboratory courses may not be split up to pay for the classroom portion separately from the lab portion, and vice versa.
2. Tuition for students enrolled through The Graduate School in doctoral and masters programs.
Students will find detailed information regarding graduate tuition on The Graduate School web site and are encouraged to direct specific questions regarding summer tuition and fees to their graduate program offices or The Graduate School. Graduate students enrolling in a Summer Session course that is unrelated to their major and that will not count as credit toward their degree will be financially responsible for the tuition charge. Tuition for courses that are unrelated to the major and that do not count as credit toward the degree will be charged at the undergraduate rates noted above in section
Individuals who need or wish to take undergraduate level coursework as prerequisite to graduate coursework should consult their Director of Graduate Studies or program office regarding the possibility of funding for such coursework.
Fees for 2020
Student Health Fee.
- Duke undergraduate degree candidates registered for summer coursework are required to pay a $147 student health fee per summer term. Students living outside of the US while enrolled in online summer courses may submit a request for a health fee waiver to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Duke graduate students registered for Graduate Continuation only are required to pay a $294 student health fee for the entire summer.
- Student health and wellness programs and services being offered this summer can be found here: https://studentaffairs.duke.edu/wellness/summer2020.
Applied Music Fees.
- $366 for 1/2 hr. private lessons;
- $732 for 1 hr. private lessons;
- $183 for group instruction classes. (Music fees are in addition to regular tuition charges.)