Tuition for 2022
1. Tuition for undergraduates and visiting students.
- $2,600 for one course credit regular or non-science lab course;
- $3,325 for a science course with a lab* (Biology 202L, Chemistry 101DL, Chemistry 201DL, Chemistry 202DL, COMPSCI 250, Physics 141L, and Physics 142L; also some Engineering and Marine Lab courses with labs);
- $1,300 for each half-course;
- $650 for each quarter-course;
*Charges for most laboratory courses may not be split up to pay for the classroom portion separately from the lab portion, and vice versa. There is currently an exception for CHEM 202DL.
2. Tuition for students enrolled through The Graduate School in doctoral and masters programs.
Students will find detailed information regarding graduate tuition on The Graduate School web site and are encouraged to direct specific questions regarding summer tuition and fees to their graduate program offices or The Graduate School. Graduate students enrolling in a Summer Session course that is unrelated to their major and that will not count as credit toward their degree will be financially responsible for the tuition charge. Tuition for courses that are unrelated to the major and that do not count as credit toward the degree will be charged at the undergraduate rates noted above in section
Individuals who need or wish to take undergraduate level coursework as prerequisite to graduate coursework should consult their Director of Graduate Studies or program office regarding the possibility of funding for such coursework.
Required fees for Summer 2021 (2022 update pending)
- Transcript Fee $120 - All students are required to pay a one-time transcript fee the first time they take a Duke course for credit. This fee covers lifetime, unlimited copies of your Duke transcript. Current Duke students and alumni have already paid this fee.
- Student Services Fee - $130.50 per enrolled summer term for all students living on the Duke campus.
- Student Health Fee - $151 per enrolled summer term. If you are enrolled in Summer Session but not living in campus housing, you may apply for a waiver of the health fee by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Duke graduate students registered for Graduate Continuation only are required to pay a $302.00 student health fee for the entire summer.
Applied Music Fees
(Music fees are in addition to regular tuition charges)
$366 for ½ hour lessons
$732 for 1 hour lessons
$183 for group instruction classes