Note: You must be 16-years-old by July 3, 2023 to be eligible to apply.
Application Deadline: June 19
Your Summer Session application is considered complete and ready for review when you have submitted the following:
- The completed online application
- Required Supporting documents:
- Personal Statement
- Recent high school transcript (unofficial transcript is acceptable)
- English language proficiency scores (if English is not your first language)
- $50 application fee
Before beginning the Summer Session application, please know whether your course is online or in-person. In-person options are available to local, commuter students who live within driving distance to Duke University.
Once your Summer Session application is complete and has been reviewed, we will email your admission decision within two weeks.
Important notes about Course selection:
- Not all Summer Session courses are open to visiting high school students. Please carefully review the Summer Session website for courses available to eligible high school participants.
- Carefully review course meeting pattern details, including daily meetings, meeting times, and whether the class format is in-person (for commuters) or online (for remote students).
- Look for course pre-requisites. We will review your transcript for required pre-requisites.
Supporting Document Directions
We do not require a specific resume format. Please search for examples online and choose a format that appeals to you. Please use your resume to highlight your academic accomplishments and to showcase your extracurricular activities.
Three paragraphs explaining why you are interested in the course for which you are applying. Discuss how the course will support your academic and/or personal goals.
High School Transcript
Please submit a recent high school transcript or report card that includes fall 2022 grades. An unofficial transcript is acceptable.
English Language Proficiency Scores
If English is not your first language, please review the language proficiency page for more information.
In addition to providing all required supporting documents, you have the option to upload any additional documentation that may highlight your academic work in a subject area. This includes Advanced Placement test scores, other test scores, or other post-secondary coursework.