Visiting Student Applications open March 1, 2023.
Term 1 application due by May 3
Term 2 application due by June 19
Before beginning your application, please know the following information:
- Do you intend to be a completely remote student, or do you plan to live at Duke? Most 2023 Duke courses will be offered in-person.
- What course or courses would you like to take? Use the Projected Course Listings for reference, and select your course(s) by carefully reviewing the Public View Course Schedule .
Only complete applications will be reviewed. Your complete Summer Session application includes:
- Online application
- An official transcript from your undergraduate institution
- English Language Proficiency scores (those who do not use English as their primary language)
- $50 application fee/$100 if applying for an I-20
Once your Summer Session application is complete and has been reviewed, we will email your admission decision.
Once you accept your offer of admission, you will receive a confirmation email and fee statement.
- Not all courses on the schedule are open to summer visitors. For example, courses that are associated with the Medical School, Nursing, Fuqua School of Business, Divinity School are not available. Our staff will email you if you need to select a different course.
- The courses included in the Projected Course Listings are a useful guide for selecting courses, but please do not rely on this list alone. It is not always up-to-date. Use it as a reference before checking the Public View Course Schedule.
- Carefully review course meeting pattern details. If you do not plan to come to Duke please be sure that the course you select is entirely online. Note: some courses may have a lecture that is online, but a lab or discussion section that is in person.
- Look for any course prerequisites. We will review your transcript for any required prerequisites.