**The information below does not pertain to participants in the Summer College for High School Students or in the Summer Academy program. See Program Costs for Summer College and Program Costs for Summer Academy.
Tuition for 2019
Tuition for undergraduates and visiting students.
- $3,492 for regular or non-science lab course;
- $4,656 for a science course with a lab* (Biology 201L, Chemistry 101DL, Chemistry 201DL, Chemistry 202DL, COMPSCI 230, Physics 141L, and Physics 142L; also some Engineering courses with labs);
- $2,328 for each half-course;
- $1,164 for each quarter-course;
*Charges for laboratory courses may not be split up to pay for the classroom portion separately from the lab portion, and vice versa.
Tuition Grant for Visiting Students enrolled in 2 courses in the same term.
A visiting student who enrolls in two courses (not PE, music lessons, studio art, or ADF) in the same 6-week summer term may receive a tuition grant equal to one-half of the tuition of the lower priced course. The Summer Session Office will work with the Bursar's Office to have the tuition grant posted to the student's account.
Fees for 2019
- All students are required to pay a one-time $40.00 transcript fee the first time they take a Duke course for credit. This fee covers lifetime, unlimited copies of your Duke transcript.
Student Health Fee.
- Visiting Summer students are required to pay a $143.50 student health fee per enrolled 6-week summer term.
Student Services Fee.
- Visiting Summer students are required to pay a $103.50 student services fee per enrolled 6-week summer term.
Applied Music Fees.
- $350 for 1/2 hr. private lessons;
- $700 for 1 hr. private lessons;
- $175 for group instruction classes. (Music fees are in addition to regular tuition charges.)